Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay Job Description / Responsibility Sample and Tasks
Examine, check, repair, or preserve power gear in producing areas, substations, as well as in-service relays.
| Job Skills Need
- Build, exam, restore substation exchange and control-systems, and keep.
- Inspect and test equipment and tour to spot fails or flaws, utilizing wires blueprints and assessment gadgets for example voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring blueprints, and design staff to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues and to determine maximum products functioning.
- Notify facility employees of devices shutdowns.
- Open and close buttons to identify relays that are flawed, doing alterations or fixes.
- Prepare and maintain files outlining exams, repairs, and upkeep.
- Examine test data to examine effects of system alterations, to find out performance traits of systems, or to identify fails.
- Examination insulators of tools by assessment current, inducing voltage across insulation, and determining insulation loss.
- Fix, replace, and clear parts and gear such as for example circuit-breakers, brushes, and commutators.
- Screws, bolts, and disconnect voltage regulators, and connect replacement regulators to high-voltage lines.
- Plan and monitor screening and the design of particular equipment as well as the execution of unique checking or control-systems.
- Work indicate connectivity and quality testing regarding personal cabling, and file effects.
- Schedule and monitor splicing or termination of cords in-color-rule buy.
- Examination gas in transformers and circuit breakers regarding strength that is dielectric, refilling acrylic sporadically.
- Preserve inventory of spareparts for several products, requisitioning parts as vital.
- Collection kinds and put concrete footings for installing equipment that is heavy.
| Career Activities Need
- Reading Knowledge-Knowledge created paragraphs and paragraphs in work docs that are related.
- Active-Listening-To what others are saying giving complete attention, having time for you to understand the points being created, asking queries as proper, and not interrupting at times that are improper.
- Producing-Talking successfully in writing as right for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking-Speaking with others to convey facts effortlessly.
- Math-Applying maths to resolve issues.
- Research-Employing controlled policies and solutions to fix difficulties.
- Critical Thinking-Using reason and reasoning to spot disadvantages and the advantages of methods, ideas or choice answers to dilemmas.
- Active Learning-Comprehending the benefits of fresh details regarding both future and present problem-solving decision-making and.
- Learning Strategies-Choosing and utilizing instruction/tutorial practices and processes befitting the situation when learning or coaching issues that are fresh.
- Monitoring-OverseeingOREvaluating performance of different folks, oneself, or organizations consider remedial actions or to make changes.
- Social Perceptiveness-Knowing others’ responses because they do why they behave and comprehension.
- Coordination-Altering actions in terms of others’ activities.
- Persuasion-Persuading others to change their thoughts or behavior.
- Arbitration-Taking others together and wanting to reconcile variances.
- Training-Instructing others how-to make a move.
- Company Orientation-Positively seeking methods to aid folks.
- Advanced Problem Solving-Distinguishing complicated difficulties and researching linked details to produce and evaluate choices and implement options.
- Operations Analysis-Analyzing requires and solution needs to make a layout.
- Technology Design-Producing or changing gear and technologies to function person desires.
- Tools Selection-Identifying the sort of equipment and tools needed to do a job.
- Installment-Adding products, models, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Programming-Producing computer applications regarding various functions.
- Function Tracking-Watching different symptoms, dials, or tests to ensure there is a device currently working properly.
- Operation and Handle-Preventing operations of gear or systems.
- Maintenance-Accomplishing upkeep that is routine on devices and identifying when and what sort of upkeep is required.
- Troubleshooting-Deciding causes of running glitches and choosing what to do about this.
- Mending-Restoring systems or products using the instruments that are necessary.
- Quality Control Examination-Conducting assessments and inspections of items, services, or procedures to judge functionality or excellent.
- Judgment and Decision Making-Taking into consideration benefits and the general prices of potential steps to choose the most suitable one.
- Systems Analysis-Identifying how a system should function and just how improvements in operations, circumstances, as well as the surroundings will affect benefits.
- Systems Evaluation-Distinguishing actions or indications of performance and also relative to the objectives of the machine, the behavior needed seriously to increase or correct functionality.
- Time-Management-Handling others’ time and also one’s private period.
- Operations of Money-Deciding how cash is going to be used to get the work completed, and accounting regarding these bills.
- Operations of Materials Sources-Observing and obtaining towards the proper utilization of establishments, products, and products needed seriously to do specific operate.
- Supervision of Workers Resources-Establishing stimulating, and pointing individuals while they they operate, distinguishing the most effective individuals for that occupation.
| Training Qualification
|| Experience Requirement
- Link’s Amount (or other 2-yr degree)
- Several Faculty Classes
- More than 2 years, around and including 4 years
| Task Command Skills Qualification
- AchievementORAttempt – 92.79%
- Perseverance – 92.20%
- Project – 93.69%
- Control – 89.36%
- Assistance – 92.59%
- Matter for Others – 88.00%
- Social Alignment – 90.91%
- Self Control – 92.10%
- Stress Threshold – 93.67%
- VersatilityORFlexibility – 91.55%
- Dependability – 93.15%
- Attention to Detail – 92.90%
- Reliability – 89.12%
- Independence – 93.78%
- Innovation – 93.52%
- Thinking – 95.89%