- Retain connection with fireplace dispatchers at all times to alert these of the requirement for supplies and further firefighters, or even to depth any issues experienced.
- Recovery fire subjects, and provide emergency help that is medical.
- Collaborate as a member of a firefighting crew with firefighters that are different.
- Eliminate and places burned to discover hot spots that could reboot fires.
- Extinguish embers and flames to reduce fire, employing scoops or motor – or hand-powered water or compound pumps.
- Dropped trees, cut and apparent wash, and dig trenches to produce firelines, using axes, chainsaws or scoops.
- Maintain knowledge of latest firefighting routines by participating in exercises and by participating seminars, events, and meetings.
- Work sends to high-pressure that is attached hoses.
- Participate in actual coaching to steadfastly keep up high degrees of health and fitness.
- Establish water products, link hoses, and strong water onto fires.
- Preserve hearth firehouse and devices dwelling quarters.
- Inform and educate people about fire-prevention.
- Act to incorporate any harmful chemicals which could find discharge, leak, or flame.
- Manage flame caches, positioning gear for that reaction that is most effective.
- Transport employees and freight to and from fire locations.
- Participate in fire-prevention and assessment packages.
- Conduct woodland preservation and enhancement jobs including reducing clean, growing bushes, constructing paths and marking timber.
- Make sure sustain parachutes, khoom, bounce items, and instruments to make sure willingness for fire-suppression activities.
- Navigate home in terms of flame, employing chart and compass, and gather supplies and devices dropped by parachute.
- Discover woods places from fire lookout towers to spot possible issues.
- Serve as supervisor that is helispot and as fully trained lead chopper crewmember.
- Document that is weighted that is decline streamers from airplanes to look for the wind’s speed and direction at flame sites.